Crafting is an essential aspect of survival in the world of Ark: Survival Evolved. Knowing how to craft various items and structures can greatly enhance your gameplay experience. In this article, I’ll guide you through the process of crafting in Ark, providing you with valuable tips and insights along the way.
From simple tools like spears and pickaxes to more complex structures like foundations and walls, there is no shortage of things to create in Ark. Each item has its own recipe that outlines the required materials and quantities needed for successful crafting.
How To Craft In Ark
When it comes to crafting in Ark, gathering resources is an essential step. Without the right materials, you won’t be able to create the items and structures you need to survive and thrive in the game. In this section, I’ll guide you through the process of gathering resources effectively.
1. Know What You Need
Before setting out on your resource-gathering expedition, it’s important to know what specific materials you require for your desired craft. Each item or structure in Ark has its own unique set of required resources. Take some time to familiarize yourself with these requirements so you can prioritize which resources to gather first.
2. Explore Your Surroundings
Ark is a vast world filled with diverse landscapes and biomes, each offering different types of resources. Start by exploring your immediate surroundings and take note of any nearby trees, rocks, or other resource-rich areas that may contain the materials you need.
3. Harvesting Tools
To efficiently gather resources in Ark, you’ll need the appropriate tools for the job. Craft a pickaxe for harvesting stone, metal ores, and crystals; a hatchet for gathering wood and thatch; and a sickle for acquiring fiber from plants.
4. Resource Nodes
Resource nodes are concentrated deposits of specific materials found throughout Ark’s environment. Look out for large rocks or metal veins that indicate the presence of valuable minerals like stone or metal ore. Use your pickaxe on these nodes to collect a significant amount of resources quickly.
5. Trees and Plants
Trees offer an abundant source of wood when harvested with a hatchet while providing thatch as a secondary material. Additionally, certain plants yield fibers when collected with a sickle.
Unlocking Crafting Recipes
In the world of ARK: Survival Evolved, crafting is a fundamental aspect of survival. It allows you to create essential tools, weapons, and structures that will aid you in your journey. To unlock new crafting recipes and expand your capabilities, here are some key steps to follow:
- Leveling Up: As you progress through the game, leveling up your character is crucial. Each time you level up, you’ll earn Engram Points (EP) which can be used to learn new crafting recipes. Open your inventory and navigate to the “Engrams” tab to access a wide range of options.
- Choosing Wisely: With limited EP available, it’s important to prioritize which engrams to learn first. Consider what resources are readily available in your surroundings and focus on unlocking engrams that will enhance your survival chances early on. For example, learning the basics like tools and basic shelter should be among your initial choices.
- Exploring Beacons and Supply Drops: Exploring the environment can lead you to discover valuable beacons and supply drops scattered throughout the map. These contain loot such as blueprints for advanced items or resources required for high-level crafting recipes. Keep an eye out for these opportunities as they can greatly expand your crafting options.
- Taming Creatures: Certain creatures can provide unique benefits when tamed. Some may have special abilities or act as mobile crafting stations known as “Smithies” or “Fabricators.” By taming these creatures and utilizing their skills, you can unlock additional advanced crafting recipes not accessible otherwise.
Now that you have a solid understanding of how to unlock crafting recipes in ARK: Survival Evolved, let’s delve into the specifics of various crafting categories in the next section. Stay tuned for more valuable insights on how to craft everything from basic tools to advanced technology!